Tax Services: Senior Accountant- Tax Services
Do you have strong technical skills, deep accounting knowledge, and experience in public accounting? At McClintock & Associates, we take the compliance burden off postsecondary institutions so they can focus on supporting and educating their students. If you are results-oriented, share our mission and strive to find customer solutions, this opportunity might be perfect for you.
Our ideal Tax Senior Accountant is:
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware, collaborating with the team and leading by example to help build and maintain a positive culture. You strike that balance of being respected and liked.
- Accountable. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable. You celebrate success, admit mistakes, and find solutions.
- An Implementer. You’re a proactive, consistent performer who uses creativity and innovation to get things done.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
You are an experienced professional who creates value, manages time well, and is open to change. You share our core values of putting the team before yourself, are eager to learn and teach others, provides solutions to staff and clients, and supports our family focused culture.
The job responsibilities of the Tax Senior Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of complex corporation, S-corporation, partnership, nonprofit and individual income tax filings
- Completion of tax research for individual transactions and during the preparation of the tax returns to achieve an accurate and efficient product
- Serve as a trusted resource for Tax Staff on specific tax issues and/or questions
- Preparation of income tax projections and quarterly estimated tax calculations
- Assists in the preparation of tax provision and tax accrual work papers
- Gathers and organizes client information necessary for filing
- Working knowledge of tax law during the preparation of various tax forms
- Intermediate level of knowledge and understanding of differences between Tax and GAAP rules and regulations (i.e. income recognition and deductibility of expenses)
- Demonstrates our core values
- Act as a client contact for general questions and information requests
- Shares experience and knowledge to help train and develop other staff
- Uses available resources efficiently and effectively and manages time properly
- Motivates and shares skills with new employees
- CPA, CPA candidate, or IRS Enrolled Agent (EA)
- 3-5 years’ professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Public accounting experience
The Tax Senior Accountant position is a hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment, and we provide guidance to enable them to remain in compliance and identify potential issues before they arise. We strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We foster a family-focused culture
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
- We’re busy without the busy season, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most firms
Our Core Values:
- We not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
- Family Focused
- Family-focused culture
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Student Loan repayment program
- Employee Appreciation and team building events
- Flexible scheduling including work from home options
- Paid volunteer time
- Medical insurance with Health Savings Account opportunities
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with monthly employer contribution (including Roth)
- Annual salary reviews
- Year-end bonuses paid to employees since 2006
- Charitable match program
- TSA precheck for employees that travel
- Incentives for completing and obtaining relevant certifications
- Free parking
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!