Tax Services: Tax Manager
Are you a highly motivated mentor and coach who speaks your opinion and focuses on the big picture? Do you have strong technical skills, tax knowledge, and experience as a Certified Public Accountant? At McClintock & Associates, we take the compliance burden off postsecondary institutions so they can focus on supporting and educating their students. If you are a results-oriented leader who shares our mission and strives to find customer solutions, this opportunity might be perfect for you.
Our ideal Tax Manager is:
- Personable. Strong communication skills and vast business acumen to develop strong relationships, create value for clients and lead to additional business referrals
- A Leader. You know to operate efficiently and analyze data to help make decisions and balance employee workloads
- Accountable. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable. You are willing to have difficult conversations if necessary
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware, collaborating with the team and leading by example to help build and maintain a positive culture. You strike that balance of being respected and liked.
- Proactive. You’re a consistent performer who focuses on creating strategy to implement project competition. You don’t wait for something to be done, you do it.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
The job responsibilities of the Tax Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Retains current business relationships with focus on high customer value
- Oversees workflow and utilization of other staff
- Owns client tax planning and customer service
- Stays current on tax organization knowledge and skills
- Willing to provide timely feedback to staff and clients
- Creates or co-creates thought leadership content such as articles (industry related), webinars, etc.
- Demonstrates our core values
- Develops network contacts and resources
- Develops staff and coordinates departmental training
- Conducts annual performance evaluations
- Balances appropriate workload for each staff member, providing opportunities for growth and development while remaining true to our core values
- 3-5 years’ leadership experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in the public accounting industry
- CPA or EA
- Corporate and individual tax services experience
- Masters in Tax
The Tax Manager position is a hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA
- Family-first culture
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Student Loan repayment program
- Employee Appreciation and team building events
- Flexible scheduling including work from home options
- Paid volunteer time
- Medical insurance with Health Savings Account opportunities
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with monthly employer contribution (including Roth)
- Annual salary reviews
- Year-end bonuses paid to employees since 2006
- Charitable match program
- TSA precheck for employees that travel
- Incentives for completing and obtaining relevant certifications
- Free parking!
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. We understand our clients need quick answers, and we strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We value family-life balance and have a family-focused culture
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
- We’re busy without the busy season, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most firms
Our Core Values:
- We not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
- Family Focused
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!