Financial Reporting: Audit Supervisor
McClintock & Associates is seeking an experienced certified public accountant (CPA) to join our growing team. Come be part of our family focused culture where employees are encouraged to spend time with their families and on themselves. As a firm that serves the postsecondary industry, education is at the core of what we believe in. In addition to our clients, we foster an environment that promotes lifelong learning and doing whatever is needed to find solutions for both our clients and our peers. Learn more about our culture here. You can also hear and read insights from our staff here.
Our ideal Audit Supervisor is:
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware, collaborating with the team and leading by example to help build and maintain a positive culture. You strike that balance of being respected and liked.
- Entrepreneurial. Strong communication skills and vast business acumen to develop strong relationships, create value for clients and lead to additional business referrals
- A Leader. You know to manage a team, operate efficiently, and provide training and mentoring to others
- Accountable. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable. You celebrate success, admit mistakes, and find solutions.
- An Implementor. You’re a proactive, consistent performer who uses creativity and innovation to get things done.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
You are an experienced professional who creates value, manages time well, and is open to change. You share our core values of putting the team before yourself, are eager to learn and teach others, provides solutions to staff and clients, and supports our family focused culture.
The job responsibilities of the Audit Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for technical oversight, tailoring and finalizing audit programs based on risk assessments to test all audit areas
- Oversee preparation of financial statements including the drafting of footnote disclosures
- Communicates effectively with clients and provides solutions to their accounting and auditing issues/questions
- Review testing of all audit areas completed by team members on the audit
- Stays current on industry regulations, accounting knowledge and, technical skills
- Delivers high-level client service and looks for up-sell opportunities when it’s right for the client
- Coordinate with tax department regarding potential impact of entries on tax liability and projections, and financial statements
- Effectively communicate questions, issues, and job progress/status with Senior Manager/Director
- Demonstrates our core values
- Be a resource for technical accounting issues and questions
- Develops network contacts and resources
- Proposes new initiatives and ideas to help increase efficiencies
- Shares experience and knowledge to help train and develop other staff
- Delegates work on engagements to staff and seniors effectively
- Budgets and runs projects effectively
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for staff
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve skills and knowledge, both individually and for others
- 1-3 years’ supervisory experience
- 5-8 years’ professional accounting experience
- Experience overseeing projects and teams
- 3-5 years’ public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
The Audit Supervisor position is a hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment, and we provide guidance to enable them to remain in compliance and identify potential issues before they arise. We strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We foster a family-focused culture
- We’re busy without the ‘busy season’, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most public accounting firms
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits and generous PTO
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
Our Core Values:
- Family Focused
- We Not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!