Financial Reporting: Senior Accountant- Financial Services
Do you have strong technical skills, deep accounting knowledge, and experience in public accounting? At McClintock & Associates, we take the compliance burden off postsecondary institutions so they can focus on supporting and educating their students. If you are results-oriented, share our mission and strive to find customer solutions, this opportunity might be perfect for you.
Our ideal Senior Accountant is:
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware, collaborating with the team and leading by example to help build and maintain a positive culture. You strike that balance of being respected and liked.
- Accountable. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable. You celebrate success, admit mistakes, and find solutions.
- An Implementer. You’re a proactive, consistent performer who uses creativity and innovation to get things done.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
The job responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Perform detail testing based on the audit program for the designated audit areas
- Draft financial statements and related footnotes
- Gather and organize client information, complete planning and risk assessments
- Apply knowledge and training from one engagement to another
- Efficiently manage your time and be proactive in seeking work
- Efficiently communicate questions, issues, and job progress/status with Supervisor/Manager/ Director
- Participate actively in department related meetings, Continuing Professional Education (CPE) and staff meetings
- Demonstrate the ability to complete work by the assigned deadline and within the assigned time budget
- Use available resources efficiently and minimize unbillable time
- Demonstrates our core values
- Act as a client contact for general questions and information requests
- Shares experience and knowledge to help train and develop other staff
- Uses available resources efficiently and effectively and manages time properly
- Motivates and shares skills with new employees
- CPA or CPA candidate,
- 3-5 years’ professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
The Senior Accountant position is a hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment, and we provide guidance to enable them to remain in compliance and identify potential issues before they arise. We strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We foster a family-focused culture
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
- We’re busy without the busy season, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most firms
Our Core Values:
- We not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
- Family Focused
- Family-focused culture
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Student Loan repayment program
- Employee Appreciation and team building events
- Flexible scheduling including work from home options
- Paid volunteer time
- Medical insurance with Health Savings Account opportunities
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with monthly employer contribution (including Roth)
- Annual salary reviews
- Year-end bonuses paid to employees since 2006
- Charitable match program
- TSA precheck for employees that travel
- Incentives for completing and obtaining relevant certifications
- Free parking
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!