Financial Aid: Staff Accountant
Are you looking to launch your professional career? Are you willing to work hard, learn new skills and concepts, and be part of a team environment? At McClintock & Associates, we take the compliance burden off postsecondary institutions so they can focus on supporting and educating their students. If you share our mission and strive to find customer solutions, this opportunity might be perfect for you.
Our ideal Staff Accountant is:
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware. You look for opportunities to help others.
- Accountable. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable. You celebrate success, admit mistakes, and find solutions.
- An Implementer. You’re a proactive, consistent performer who uses creativity and innovation to get things done.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
You are an eager professional looking to kickstart your career. You share our core values of putting the team before yourself, are eager to learn and teach others, provides solutions to staff and clients, and supports our family focused culture.
The job responsibilities of the Staff Accountant include, but are not limited to:
- Perform testing of student files including reviewing FAFSA, Verification and C-Code documents, Title IV disbursements, Return to Title IV Calculations, Calculating Pell and Direct Loan eligibility
- Perform basic testing of institutional and accounting areas as outlined in the audit programs
- Clery Act- Perform testing of all areas covered by the Clery Act including Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA), Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act (DFSCA), Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Reports
- Cash management—Perform testing regarding Title IV Cash Management including regulations covering G5 processing, updating the Common Origination & Disbursement System (COD), and Title IV Credit Balances
- Assist in writing of basic reports
- Apply knowledge and training from one audit to another
- Proactive in seeking opportunities to help others
- Gather and organize client information
- Work toward mastering areas identified on the training checklist
- Demonstrate the ability to complete work by the assigned deadline and within the assigned time budget. Use available resources efficiently and minimize unbillable time
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
The Staff Accountant position is a hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment, and we provide guidance to enable them to remain in compliance and identify potential issues before they arise. We strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We foster a family-focused culture
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
- We’re busy without the busy season, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most firms
Our Core Values:
- Family Focused
- We not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!