Marketing + Admin: Business Development and Marketing Manager
Are you a highly motivated relationship builder with a network of contacts in higher education who wants to help institutions remain compliant with Title IV regulations? Do you have strong communication and marketing skills, the ability to develop a consistent message, and a track record of sales and developing business in postsecondary education? At McClintock & Associates, we take the compliance burden off postsecondary institutions so they can focus on supporting and educating their students. If you are a results-oriented salesperson who shares our mission and strives to find customer solutions, this sales opportunity might be perfect for you.
Our ideal Business Development and Marketing Manager is:
- Personable. Strong communication skills and vast business acumen to develop strong relationships.
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware, collaborating with the team and leading by example to help build and maintain a positive culture. You strike that balance of being respected and liked. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable.
- Entrepreneurial. You understand how to create value, identifying new ways to provide services to institutions. You don’t wait for something to be done, you do it. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
The job responsibilities of the Business Development and Marketing Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Builds and maintains relationships within the postsecondary industry to nurture prospects and develop referral sources
- Manages pipeline by creating new prospects and identifying which prospects to focus on
- Prepares proposals and RFP responses
- Coordinate conference strategy (which to attend/sponsor, identify presentation opportunities, pre-schedule meetings, attendee follow up, etc.)
- Travel required to attend industry conferences and visit with prospects
- Meet agreed upon sales targets
- Coordinate consistent updates to postsecondary industry via articles, webinars, etc. with internal experts and 3rd party vendor
- Oversees social media calendar prepared by 3rd party
- Manage relationship with 3rd party vendors to ensure consistency of message across website, thought leadership, infographics, social media, etc.
- Develop understanding of pain points for institutions to identify potential new revenue streams
- Train other team members to identify new opportunities and to be able to deliver our marketing message consistently
- Manages vendor relationships and coordinates outsourcing options
- Identifies new collaboration opportunities
- 5+ years sales experience
- 10+ years’ experience in higher education (doesn’t all have to be in sales)
- Demonstrated track record of business development
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing CRM
- Experience working in or calling on financial aid departments
- Experience with HubSpot
- Experience working with vendors who specialize in website development and content creation
The Business Development and Marketing Manager position is expected to be a remote or hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA. If remote, current expectation is to be in office approximately one week per quarter.
Salary: $75k-$85k, plus participation in annual bonus pool paid to employees
- Family-first culture
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Year-end bonuses paid to employees since 2006
- Student loan repayment program
- Employee appreciation and team building events
- Flexible scheduling including work from home options
- Paid volunteer time
- Medical insurance with Health Savings Account opportunities
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with monthly employer contribution (including Roth)
- Annual salary reviews
- Charitable match program
- TSA precheck for employees that travel
- Incentives for completing and obtaining relevant certifications
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. We understand our clients need quick answers, and we strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We value family-life balance and have a family-focused culture
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
- We’re busy without the busy season, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most firms
Our Core Values:
- We not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
- Family Focused
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!