Financial Reporting: Audit Manager
Are you a highly motivated mentor and coach who speaks your opinion and focuses on the big picture? Do you have strong technical skills, deep accounting knowledge, and experience as a Certified Public Accountant? At McClintock & Associates, we take the compliance burden off postsecondary institutions so they can focus on supporting and educating their students. If you are a results-oriented leader who shares our mission and strives to find customer solutions, this opportunity might be perfect for you.
Our ideal Audit Manager is:
- Team-Oriented. You’re honest, personable, and self-aware, collaborating with the team and leading by example to help build and maintain a positive culture. You strike that balance of being respected and liked.
- Entrepreneurial. Strong communication skills and vast business acumen to develop strong relationships, create value for clients and lead to additional business referrals
- A Leader. You know to manage a team, operate efficiently, and provide training and mentoring to others
- Accountable. You understand expectations and hold yourself and others accountable. You celebrate success, admit mistakes, and find solutions.
- An Implementer. You’re a proactive, consistent performer who uses creativity and innovation to get things done.
- A lifelong learner. You absorb knowledge like a sponge and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re willing to learn what you don’t know and have high emotional intelligence.
You are an experienced professional who creates value, manages time well, and is open to change. You share our core values of putting the team before yourself, are eager to learn and teach others, provides solutions to staff and clients, and supports our family focused culture.
The job responsibilities of the Audit Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for technical oversight, tailoring and finalizing audit programs based on risk assessments to test all audit areas
- Oversee preparation of financial statements including the drafting of footnote disclosures
- Communicates effectively with clients and provides solutions to their accounting and auditing issues/questions
- Review testing of all audit areas completed by team members on the audit
- Stays current on industry regulations, accounting knowledge and, technical skills
- Delivers high-level client service and looks for up-sell opportunities when it’s right for the client
- Coordinate with tax department regarding potential impact of entries on tax liability and projections, and financial statements
- Effectively communicate questions, issues, and job progress/status with Senior Manager/Director
- Demonstrates our core values
- Creates or co-creates thought leadership content such as blogs, webinars, etc.
- Be a resource for technical accounting issues and questions
- Develops network contacts and resources
- Attends and participates in networking events and conferences
- Proposes new initiatives and ideas to help increase efficiencies
- Shares experience and knowledge to help train and develop other staff
- Delegates work on engagements to staff, seniors, and supervisors effectively
- Budgets and runs projects effectively
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for staff
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve skills and knowledge, both individually and for others
- 2-3 years’ experience in a managerial role
- 8-10 years’ professional accounting experience
- Experience overseeing projects and teams
- 5-8 years’ public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
The Audit Manager position is a hybrid position headquartered in Bridgeville, PA
- Family-first culture
- Competitive salary
- 10 paid holidays and generous PTO policy
- Student Loan repayment program
- Employee Appreciation and team building events
- Flexible scheduling including work from home options
- Paid volunteer time
- Medical insurance with Health Savings Account opportunities
- Dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) plan with monthly employer contribution (including Roth)
- Annual salary reviews
- Year-end bonuses paid to employees since 2006
- Charitable match program
- TSA precheck for employees that travel
- Incentives for completing and obtaining relevant certifications
- Free parking
THE COMPANY – McClintock & Associates
Founded in 1975, McClintock & Associates is the premier firm offering audit, tax advisory, and consultative solutions to postsecondary institutions across 40 states. Our clients operate in a highly regulated environment, and we provide guidance to enable them to remain in compliance and identify potential issues before they arise. We strive to make our relationships with them much more than transactional.
WHY McClintock & Associates?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
- We foster a family-focused culture
- Voted best place to work in 2021
- We’re a growing and profitable company offering competitive employee benefits
- We’re an industry niche leader in providing accounting services to postsecondary institutions. We’re focused on a single industry and pride ourselves on the expertise we provide.
- We welcome new, challenging projects that build our capacity to learn and grow
- We’re busy without the busy season, providing consistent, results-oriented work in fewer hours than most firms
Our Core Values:
- We not Me
- Lifelong Learner
- Solution Minded
- Family Focused
If you are ready to make a big impact on a growing company, apply today!